|Chatti pathal / Chatti Pathiri malabar dish|
Tuesday, 22 July 2014
Chatti pathal / Chatti Pathiri ചട്ടി പത്തിരി malabar dish
It is a dish that has layers of chappathi/ pancakes with chicken and egg masala filling………….
For this video, please visit the following link..........
For the Pathiris:
1. Maida – 1 cup.
For the filling:
1. Onion – 4 finelly chopped.
2. Ginger – 1 tsp.
3. Garlic – 1 tsp.
4. Curry Leaves.
5. Green chilies – 2 nos.
7. Coriander Powder – ½ tsp.
8. Chilly Powder – ½ tsp.
9.Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp.
10.Garam Masala – ½ tsp.
11. Pepper Powder – ½ tsp.
12. Eggs – 8 nos.
13. Chiken – 1 cup boneless, cooked.
14. Oil / Ghee – 1 table spoon.
15. Milk – 1 cup.
Method of Preparation:
1. For the Pathiris/ Chappathi:
1. Mix the flour with water and salt and knead into a dough like that of chappathi. Keep them covered for half an hour.
2. Divide the dough into 5 equal portions. Using a roller pin, roll it out into paper-thin chapathies of uniform size(6 Inches inches diameter) on a dusted flour board.
3.Heat a griddle and cook the chappathis lightly on a tawa. Keep them aside.
2.For chicken masala:
1.Heat oil in a pan. Add onion, ginger, garlic, curry leaves, turmeric powder, chilly powder,coriander powder, pepper powder, garam masala and salt. Mix well and allow to cook.
2. Remove half portion of the masala.
3. Add cooked chicken to it and stir well for 5 mins.
4.Now our chiken masala is ready.
3.For egg masala:
1.Taking remaining half of the masala in to a pan.
2.Add 2 eggs to it and beat well.
3. Now our egg masala is ready.
For the coating and the assembling.
1. For coating, beat the remaining eggs and keep aside.
2. Take a non-stick pan, spread couple of tsps oil or ghee all around(spray the nonstick oil).
3. Take on pathiri, dip it into the milk, again dip into the beaten egg. Keep this pathiri as the first layer.
4.Using a spoon sprinkle the chicken masalafilling on top of the pathiri.
4. Dip the second chappathi in the milk and egg coating mixture, coat well and place it on top of the filling.
5. Sprinkle the scrambled egg mixture again and repeat this until all the pathiris and the masala is used up and pathiri being the top layer. Pour the remaining egg mixture on top of pathiri so that it drains on all the gaps on sides and form a thin layer on top.
6. Bake in oven for about 15 minutes or until the top of pathiri turns golden.Or you can cook it in non stick saucepan on stove, by placing it in very low flame and then flipping it over carefully and cook on the other side.